Due to the rapid expansion of our growing business, we have some exciting news to announce! As of the second week of October, we will be dividing our current 10am class into a 9am foundation class (called “Good Dogs”) and a 10am further class (called “Great Dogs”). This division of classes will enable us to have smaller class sizes, giving Sarah the opportunity to give more individual attention to each dog and their owner(s). As a guide, we would recommend that dogs who are new to the training method, or those who are still consolidating basic obedience exercises (e.g. sit, sit-step-away, drop, drop-step away, stand) attend the Good Dog class.
Prior to commencing the Great Dogs (10am) class, your dog should be able to:
Follow instructions to familiar instructions (e.g. ‘sit’, ‘stand’, ‘drop’) on first or second command around 80% of the time
- Hold a sit-step-away for at least 2 minutes under medium distraction
- Hold a drop-step-away for at least 10 minutes under medium distraction
- Recall to name from distraction on lead
- ‘Heel’ in perfect position for short distances
- Walk on loose lead with manners with minimal warning tone or corrections
- Understand the concept of boundaries (e.g. ‘on your mat’ exercise)
Both classes will continue to incorporate agility, games and socialisation exercises, in addition to our traditional obedience work.
If you are unsure which class you and your dog should attend, please check with Sarah for advice.
We look forward to implementing these new classes and continuing to see the amazing progress of all our wonderful owners and dogs!
See you at training!