Offering dog assisted programs in Mallacoota
We are delighted to be able to offer funded animal assisted programs to facilitate supportive connections in the Mallacoota area and surrounding locations.
Individual sessions for young people, P-12:
- Teaching mindfulness and wellness
- Effective study or learning techniques
- Interpersonal skills
- Regulation and understanding of their emotions
- Working on individual learning goals
Our small group sessions focus on:
- Engagement and fun
- connection to learning
- Building a happier and healthier community
- Working with others
- Sustainable positive mental health practices
Our tutor, Rini grew up and lives in Mallacoota, experienced the recent and ongoing challenges her community faces. She is able to offer group and individual sessions with her therapy dog, Diana to give young people opportunities to build confidence, trust and optimism in their future.
Or make a referral:
Our thanks to One Good Community and Uniting Care, who have funded and made these sessions available to the people of Mallacoota and surrounding areas.