Our tailored individual programs will provide measurable outcomes
Our one on one programs will give the student the opportunity to engage with our AAE (Animal Assisted Education) dog and our tutor one on one, so they are able to build a relationship and trust with the tutor/ dog team. The students can express themselves and reveal more about their thoughts and feelings.
What does a private session involve:
- Teaching mindfulness and wellness
- Effective study or learning techniques
- Interpersonal skills
- Regulation and understanding of their emotions
- Working on predetermined individual learning goals, these goals are decided upon by the teacher, parent/ case worker- so the tutor knows what learning goals they are addressing and reporting on
Our sessions are:
- Engaging and motivating
- Designed to create a space where open discussions can be held
- The opportunity to reach educational goals
- Student becomes calmer
- Begin to understand their feelings and how to regulate them
- Grow confidence
- Understand empathy towards their peers, friends and family
- Achieve educational goals
- Will continue to assess and offer feedback after each session
- Can adjust the sessions as the student grows and develops
- Ensures the student are reaching educational goals and milestones
- Will provide an in-depth report at the end of the term/ program (upon request)
- Will teach according to the current curriculum supplied by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- Are highly trained and qualified
How do I book?
Individual tutoring is $181.00 per session (inc. GST)
We usually book a single meet and greet session before the start of the term to make sure the potential student and tutor/therapy dog combo are a good match. From there we book the student in for the entire term, either once or twice a week.
We understand that there are times when the young person must miss an appointment due to emergencies or other obligations.
To avoid cancellation fees Canine Comprehension requires a minimum of 12 hours notice. It is the responsibility of the agency representing the client to contact Canine Comprehension within this time window to avoid being charged. Should the appointment not be cancelled within this time frame, full fees apply to the unused session.
The client or representative must fill in the document via this link with 12 or more hours notice.
The client will receive an email confirming the cancellation has been received. We will endeavour to reschedule during that same week where possible. If 12 hours notice is not given the session will be forfeited.
For Canine Comprehension to be able to build a trusting relationship with our clients and provide maximum benefit from our sessions our bookings are ongoing. A client will need to submit a cancellation of ongoing services by contacting us. This must be done 5 days prior to the cancellation of ongoing services.
If a client wishes to re-engage with our services they will be placed on our waiting list, which is subject to tutor availability. We cannot promise that tutoring will commence straight away or be allocated the same time and day previously scheduled.
If a young person is late for their scheduled appointment, the missed time will be forfeited. If a student arrives more than 30 minutes late the tutor is unable to begin that session.
Clients will be charged at the commencement of the service unless otherwise agreed.
Fill in the form via this link to submit a change request.
Clients can ask for quotes at any time.
If you would like to get the process started, please read the below documents and fill in the form. We will then be in contact shortly after you've submitted your details.